Mead Cake Ingredients:
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 pkg of blackberry gelatin
- 1 cup of Starrlight Mead Semi-sweet Blackberry Mead (check online here, at the meadery, or at your local store)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Mead Cake Directions:
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- Use non-stick spray or oil and flour in bundt pan.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients, mix well.
- Pour into pan and bake 45 minutes.
- While cake is still warm and still in pan, poke holes with a thin skewer.
- Spoon several additional tablespoons of Blackberry Mead over the cake.
- Cool and turn it out on a serving plate.
Mead Glaze Ingredients
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 C Starrlight Mead Semi-sweet Blackberry Mead (available here or at the meadery)
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 pkg white chocolate chips
Mead Glaze Directions:
- Mix butter, mead, and sugar together and bring to a boil.
- Heat until slightly thickened, remove from heat and fold in chocolate chips. Return to low heat if needed until glaze is smooth.
- Spoon Blackberry Mead Glaze onto cooled cake.
Thanks to a Starrlight Mead guest for inspiring this updated blackberry cake recipe!
Recipe by Becky Manda, employee at Starrlight Mead